Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Beachcomber Island, Fiji








The mates, Safari Pete, Pat, and Richie


Coconut hunter












Alright, i'm entering my second week of the trip, and all is well. I've just booked my onward flights, leaving Fiji for New Caledonia on the 25th of February, and going from New Caledonia to vanuatu on March 11th.
My first week at Beachcomber Island was truly a blast. I met some awesome people from all over the world, and the good times were rolling all week long. We were staying in the upper balcony of the dormitory, so there was only 12 of us up there (as opposed to the 60 or so unfortunate souls in that mass of humanity beneath us), and we had our own private balcony. Needless to say, all the coconut trees within reach of our balcony were stripped within a few days ;)
On Monday I went from Beachcomber Island back to the mainland, and was staying at at surf resort. However, it became apparent that I was nowhere near ready for this place, and the vicious surf trips they did out on the reef. So now I'm moving south, closer to a beginner beach break, where I'll be able to learn without paying through the nose for it.

I'll sign out now, but stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

ANDYYYYY!

my favorite fijian canadian! hope you're having a blast in the rest of the south pacific. it was great meeting youu. be sure to look me up or send me an email or MSN message if you're in the northeast.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger loahlam said...

Interesting blog about spas, keep up the good work spas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home