Thursday, March 30, 2006

New Caledonia Photos

Now that I'm back to reality and proper internet connection, I'm going to start uploading some of my photos, beginning with New Cal.


Ouvea, in the Loyalty Islands. Thats right doggie, 25 km of beach, and not a single person on it. Not even another set of footprints to be found.



The southern tip of Ouvea, a protected lagoon where you can see dolphins, turtles, tunas the size of small whales, and occasional volcanic debris floating down from Vanuatu.


The one daily activity for Kanak (indigenous New Caledonians) men. I once asked them where all the woman were, and the guys patiently explained that the women all had to work, and thats why they could never play volleyball or sit on the beach until midnight, drinking wine out of boxes, as all the men do.


Some of my rasta friends on Ouvea. They were extremely friendly people, even though I didn't speak very good French and they didn't speak any English, we managed to have some laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home